Working my way up to getting comfortable doing FPV flights. Here is some footage I shot this morning with my recently built (and first) tricopter. Shot with a GoPro Hero2 with Protune 1080p30 medium FOV mode. Still working out the last of the vibrations.
Overall I think the Talon frame is great for the price. There are a few quirks when building and flying it, which I would expect them to address in a version 2.0 of the frame. One small mod I made was adding thrust bearings to the tail mechanism.
- Turnigy Talon tricopter frame
- RC Timer 20A SimonK firmware ESCs
- OpenPilot CC3D flight controller
- Cobra 2213-26 motors
- Turnigy TGY-306G tail servo
- APC 9×4.7 props
- Turnigy Nano-Tech 4S 3300mAh lipos
- ImmersionRC 5.8GHz FPV
- Fatshark Dominator video goggles